What is a Grease Interceptor?
A grease interceptor is a plumbing device that, when properly installed and maintained, traps fats, oils & gasses, also known as FOGs, before they enter the waste disposal infrastructure. The captured FOGs are directed to holding tanks located between the disposal source and municipal infrastructure. At regular intervals, the holding tanks are emptied and the FOGs are properly discarded.
What is the difference between Gravity Grease Interceptors (GGI) and Hydromechanical Grease Interceptors (HGI)?
- Gravity grease interceptors have been around since the Victorian era, and not a lot has changed with them since the late 1800s. The large capacity of GGIs allows for FOGs to sit for longer periods of time, increasing the toxicity levels of the waste. GUIs are held to minimal standards and almost no testing is done before they are able to be used in the field.
- Hydromechanical grease interceptors offer an improved technology, with higher efficiency rates than GUIs. HGIs must comply with stringent testing standards before being certified for use, resulting in optimal grease management. Smaller sizes allow for more versatile installation, and
encourage regular maintenance, meaning the waste removed is less toxic and therefore less damaging to the environment.
What makes Endura® a better grease interceptor?
Building on a field-proven approach to grease management, Endura grease management products have demonstrated effective, efficient, and consistent performance with over a decade of field installation and operation. Endura products are multi-patented and built to withstand the toughest environments, providing the flexibility of in-floor, on-floor, and semi-recessed applications. Endura products have been instrumental in changing the traditional practices regarding the installation of grease management solutions - plastic alternatives to metal interceptors are being increasingly accepted Nationwide as the new standard for grease management in commercial food service applications.
For Sizing Tools & Maintenance Interval Calculations, Check Out Our Grease Interceptor Calculator! ►
Endura Grease Interceptor Benefits
- One-piece tank
- Injection-molded in engineered thermoplastic
- Lightweight, easy to install, and will last!
Endura now features a Limited Lifetime Warranty! Click here to register your product.
TOP RESOURCES & CALCULATOR
- Endura Rethinking Grease Interception Brochure
- Endura XL Brochure
- Endura Rethinking Grease Interception Brochure (Spanish)
- Endura FAQ's
- Endura XL Solids Interceptor Bulletin
- Endura XL 150 Bulletin
- Endura XL Grease Monitoring System
- Plumbing and Mechanical Product Overview
- Endura XL Cast Iron Access Cover
- 99% Efficiency Miami-Dade DERM FOG Ordinance 2.0 Solutions
- Endura XL Sampling Well
- Endura Grease Interceptors Overview
- Endura Interceptor (7-50GPM)
- Endura Compact Interceptor
- Endura Solids Interceptor
- Endura XL Type 'M' Cover
- Endura Plaster Trap
- Endura 25XT GI
- Lo-PRO Interceptor
- Inline Drain Strainer
HYDROMECHANICAL GREASE INTERCEPTORS (HGI)
Endura® 7 - 10 - 15 Models
- 3907A02 - 7GPM (0.44 LPS) 2” (51 mm) connection
- 3910A02 - 10GPM (0.63 LPS) 2” (51 mm) connection
- 3915A02 - 15GPM (0.94 LPS) 2” (51 mm) connection
Compact models use a development of the patented Endura baffle system to enhance separation performance at low flow rates. EZ-Clean tank design – Aids exterior cleaning.
Endura® 20 Model
- 3920A02 20GPM (1.26 LPS) 2” (51 mm) connection
Our original tank, 20gpm units are perhaps the most commonly installed product. It suits both on-floor and in-floor applications.
Endura® 25 Lo-PRO Model
- 3925A02LO 25GPM (1.6 LPS) 2” (51 mm) connection
Endura® Lo-PRO is for tight on-floor applications where space is at a premium. Same dimensional footprint as 35gpm and 50gpm Endura® models. Overall height 11 inches, still meeting requirements of ASME112.14.3. Internal components can be removed in less than 6” of additional clearance.
Endura® 25 XT Models
- 3925XTA02 25GPM (1.6 LPS) 2” (51 mm) connection
- 3925XTA03 25GPM (1.6 LPS) 3” (76 mm) connection
Using a specialized & proven injection molding process, unique to Endura®, providing rigidity and durability while reducing unit weight. Models incorporate cover pry points and latch recesses for no-tool access.
Endura® 35 Models
- 3935A03 35GPM (2.2 LPS) 3” (76 mm) connection
- 3935A04 35GPM (2.2 LPS) 4” (110 mm) connection
Using a specialized & proven injection molding process, unique to Endura®, providing rigidity and durability while reducing unit weight. Diffuser baffle aids separation at increased flow rates.
Endura® 50 Models
- 3950A03 50GPM (3.2 LPS) 3” (76 mm) connection
- 3950A04 50GPM (3.2 LPS) 4” (110 mm) connection
A tall version of our 35gpm model the 50gpm interceptor uses common parts incorporating all the best features of the Endura® product design in a comparatively light weight solution to that of its metal competitors.
EXTENDED CAPACITY HYDROMECHANICAL GREASE INTERCEPTORS (HGI)
Endura® XL 75 Models
- 4075A04 75GPM (4.74 L/Sec) 4”(110 mm) Connections
- 4075A04T 75GPM (4.74 L/Sec) 4”(110 mm) FPT Connections
Industry leading separation efficiency based on testing to national standards. Comparable operational grease capacity (580 lb) to 750 gallon Gravity GI (Concrete).* Operation is based on Dynamic Inlet Baffle (Pat. Pend.) with internal flow control device. Smart tank design offers many features, with external flow control available as an option. Cut-to-length riser system for burial up to 72”, pre-plumbed outlet system, traffic rated dual cover format for unrivalled maintenance accessibility & inspection.
Endura® XL 100 Models
- 40100A04 – 100GPM (6.3 L/Sec) 4”(110 mm) Connections
- 40100A04T - 100GPM (6.3 L/Sec) 4”(110 mm) FPT Connections
Industry leading separation efficiency based on testing to national standards. Comparable operational grease capacity (1058 lb) to 1500 gallon Gravity GI (Concrete).* Operation is based on Dynamic Inlet Baffle (Pat. Pend.) with internal flow control device. Smart tank design offers many features, with external flow control available as an option. Cut-to-length riser system for burial up to 72”, pre-plumbed outlet system, traffic rated dual cover format for unrivalled maintenance accessibility & inspection. * based on 25% rule for maintenance
Endura® XL 150 Models
- 40150A04 – Endura XL 150 with S-Rated Traffic Access Covers
- 40150A04M - Endura XL 150 with M-Rated Traffic Access Covers
- 40150A04C - Endura XL 150 with Cast Iron Access Covers with 2 pry points and pick hole for easy removal
The Endura XL150 is offered in different specifications to provide application-specific solutions where added grease capacity is required. Using common components to the smaller XL75 and XL100 models, the XL150 has a larger flow rate and grease capacity; being designed and approved for applications up to 150GPM flow rate. Installation in heavy traffic areas is possible with the standardly supplied CSA Class 'S' rated (up to 20,000lbs.) access covers. Light traffic/pedestrian applications having the alternate option of CSA Class 'M' rated (up to 4,000lbs) covers. Patented Dynamic Inlet Baffle uniquely provides access to integrated flow control in service. When opened offers unrestricted access to Upstream piping system.
Endura® Solids Interceptor
Uses all the best features of the field-proven Endura Grease interceptor, but now with solids management capability. The Solids Basket Accessory can be fitted directly in to your Endura grease interceptor in place of the inlet baffle or be located within its own stand alone tank for ease of access and location.
Endura® Plaster Trap
This unit is intended for a wide range of applications where by gravity, material is required to be separated from the waste water flow. This includes materials such as plaster, clay, sand, sediment, grit and general debris.
Endura® Air Admittance Valve
An Air Admittance Valve (AAV) is a termination device that allows air to enter the drainage system (vent) only during a discharge. Otherwise it remains closed to prevent the release of foul odours into the living/operational space.
An AAV is used where it is not possible or is cost prohibitive to make a vent connection into an existing vent line or a penetration to atmosphere. Check with you local inspector as to the necessary approvals or by-laws for you particular location.
A complete line of high quality, engineered drainage products designed to utilize the benefits of plastic; lightweight, durable and corrosion resistant.
- Standard Floor
- Full Grate
- Three Quarters Grate
- Half Grate
- Replacement Hardware
- Endura® Grease Management offers many opportunities for consulting-specifying engineers, building owners, contractors, and service technicians. Learn more
- AECDaily.com, online education for CEU’s. Learn more
- ARCAT.com, the building product information website. Find Endura® data and content fast. Learn more
“This project couldn’t have happened without these grease interceptors. They were lightweight and easy to get in and set.”
“As a consulting engineer, I want to deliver the best efficiency at the best cost. These units are more efficient and cheaper than settlement tanks.”
Each installation is unique. Ensure that the grease interceptor you install is the correct size for the application.
When choosing the correct grease interceptor (GI), engineers and contractors need to consider more than just calculated volume and flow rates. The location of the grease interceptor also influences choice, especially when people’s health and the environment are concerned.
Removing fats, oils, and grease from wastewater is what Endura® does. Doing it in a way that is green and less costly is where it excels.
At Endura®, we believe that interception is the best defense. That’s why we work with cities, municipalities and regulatory agencies across the U.S. to develop long-term solutions that benefit everyone.
Installation of a grease interceptor in a limited space kitchen at Cookie It Up® Bakery.