1.1 BUTTERFLY VALVES
A. The basis of design is the IPEX FX Butterfly Valve:
1. All materials listed below shall conform to NSF Standard 61 for use with potable water.
2. The liner shall completely isolate the valve body from the process flow.
3. The liner shall function as a flange gasket on both sides of the valve.
4. The disc, seats, and seals shall be the only wetted parts.
5. PTFE seated o-ring seals shall prevent the SS shaft from becoming wetted.
6. The valves shall be marked to indicate size, material designation, and manufacturers name or trade mark.
b. Body Material:
Dark grey color PVC
c. Disc Material:
1. PP Type 1 homopolymer per ASTM D4101. or PVC, cell class 12454 per ASTM D1784.
d. Pressure Rating (psi / kPa): ______.
e. Connection Type: ANSI 150 Wafer Style flange.
f. Disc Liner & Stem Seals Material:
b. or FPM
316 SS Standard ISO square dimension for direct mount actuation
1. Lockable Lever Handle with transparent PVC plug and tag holder for valve identification.
2. Manual Gear box
3. 2" Square Nut Operator
4. Silicone Free valves shall:
a. Be cleaned and assembled in an ISO 14644-1 clean room.
b. Be double bagged within a dual skin silicone free package to prevent contamination during transportation.
c. Use a factory applied silicone free lubricant.
d. Have a factory applicable sticker indicating the valve is silicone free.
2. Acceptable Manufacturers
b. Or approved alternate
1. Requests for alternate material must be approved by the consulting engineer prior to the bid closing date.