A. Standards referred to in this section are:
- CSA Standards C22.2, No. 227.1 and C22.2 No. 85.
- NEMA TC-13 Electrical Nonmetallic Tubing.
A. Acceptable manufacturers are listed below
1. Electrical Nonmetallic Tubing:
a. Cor-Line by IPEX
2. Electrical Nonmetallic Tubing Fittings:
a. Kwikon by IPEX
3. Electrical Nonmetallic Tubing Boxes:
a. Kwikon by IPEX
B. All ENT tubing, ENT fittings, ENT boxes and accessories shall be manufactured by the same company so as to form a complete ENT system.
C. ENT systems shall be approved for use in fire resistance rated concrete floor-ceiling assemblies with fire resistance ratings up to 4 hours.
B. ENT raceway shall be listed to CSA C22.2 No. 227.1 and manufactured in accordance with NEMA TC-13.
A. ENT Fittings shall be manufactured of high-impact PVC.
B. ENT Fittings shall meet the following requirements:
- Six locking tabs located every 60º providing 360º contact.
- Locking tabs shall provide a conduit pullout of a minimum 175 ft-lb force.
- Concrete tight without the need for taping.
- When transitioning to EMT conduit, the transition fitting shall have six locking tabs for ENT connection and set-screw connection for EMT.
A. ENT boxes shall be manufactured of high-impact PVC.
B. ENT Slab Box and Wall Box requirements:
- Slab Boxes shall be approved for the purpose and concrete-tight.
- Round Slab Boxes shall be approved for use with luminaires up to 50 lbs and ceiling fans up to 35 lbs.
- Round Slab Boxes shall have threaded brass inserts for the attachment of luminaires or ceiling fans.
- Slab Boxes shall have eight (8) integrally molded ENT hub connectors with six locking tabs for ENT raceway connection.
A. ENT raceways, fittings, boxes and accessories shall be installed in accordance with the 2009 Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1 – C22.1-02 (CEC) and the 1995 National Building Code of Canada (NBC).
B. Where ENT penetrates a fire-rated wall, floor or ceiling assembly, an approved firestop system is CSA certified to CSA Standards C22.2, No. 211.0.
See Codes & Standards for additional installation information.