- AWWA C909 165 or 235 PSI rated pipe
- Cast iron outside diameter for ease of use with regular accessories
- White colour and SEWER PRESSURE / NON-POTABLE print line for easy differentiation from a water pipe
White Bionax® Sewer Pressure Pipe is designed for sewer applications and sized to Cast Iron Outside Diameter (CIOD) Pipe. Bionax sewer pressure pipe is fully compatible with existing PVC pipe inventories and available in sizes 150mm through 450mm with a pressure rating of 235 psi for all sizes or 165 psi for sizes 400mm and 450mm only.
|Size Range||6” – 18” (150 mm – 450 mm)|
|Certifications||PVCO pipe shall conform to AWWA C909 and is certified by CSA and BNQ to CSA B137.3.1.|
|Applications||Sewer Pressure Applications|
This specification provides the requirements for Molecularly Oriented Polyvinyl Chloride (PVCO) pipe for sewer pressure-pipe applications.
- PVCO pipe shall be manufactured from rigid Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) compound meeting the requirements of ASTM D1784 cell class 12454.
- Gaskets shall meet ASTM F477 for high-head applications.
HYDROSTATIC DESIGN BASIS
- Starting-stock PVC pipe shall have a Hydrostatic Design Basis (HDB) of 4,000 psi.
- Finished PVCO pipe shall have an HDB of 7,100 psi.
- Pipe shall be molecularly oriented.
- Pipe shall be produced with cast-iron-pipe outside diameters (CIOD) in all sizes.
- Pipe shall be joined by integral-bell gasketed joints conforming to ASTM D3139.
- Pipe spigot ends shall be chamfered by the manufacturer.
- Pipe shall be colour-coded white.
- PVCO pipe shall conform to AWWA C909 and is certified by CSA and BNQ to CSA B137.3.1.
PVCO pipe shall conform to the following standards:
- ANSI/NSF Standard 14: Plastic Piping System Components and Related Materials
- ASTM D1784: Rigid Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Compounds
- ASTM D3139: Joints for Plastic Pressure Pipes Using Flexible Elastomeric Seals
- ASTM F1483: Molecularly Oriented Polyvinyl Chloride (PVCO) Pressure Pipe
- ASTM F477: Elastomeric Seals (Gaskets) for Joining Plastic Pipe
- AWWA C909: Molecularly Oriented Polyvinyl Chloride (PVCO) Pressure Pipe, 4 inch and Larger
- CSA B137.3.1: Molecularly Oriented Polyvinyl Chloride (PVCO) Pipe for Pressure Applications