- Designed for economical throttling of flow
- Suitable for on off service of clean fluids
- For vertical and horizontal orientations
The VV Series Angle Seat Valve is designed for economical throttling of flow, and is particularly suitable for on off service of clean fluids. The 45O angle seat (Y-pattern) design allows for the valve to be installed in both vertical and horizontal orientations and for simple top-entry maintenance while the valve is installed in line. The VV Series Angle Seat Valve is available in a True Union body design, in PVC with EPDM seals and PTFE gland packing. VV Series Angle Seat Valves are part of our complete systems of pipe, valves, and fittings, engineered and manufactured to our strict quality, performance, and dimensional standards.
- Thermoplastic Valves Brochure
- Aquarium Piping Systems Brochure
- Water & Wastewater Treatment Applications Brochure
- Shipbuilding and Offshore Applications Brochure
- Metals & Mining Brochure
- Chlor-Alkali Processing Applications Brochure
Chemical Resistance Guides
Body Material: PVC
Size Range: 1/2" through 2"
Pressure: 232 psi (1/2" to 1"), 150 psi (1-1/4" to 2")
End Connections: Socket (IPS), Threaded (FNPT)
1.0 Check Valves – VV
- The valve body, end connectors, and unions shall be made of PVC compound which shall meet or exceed the requirements of cell classification 12454 according to ASTM D1784.
- This compound shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
1.2 Gland Packing
- The gland packing shall be made of PTFE which shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for portable water.
- The o-ring seals and shutter shall be made of EPDM which shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
1.4 All other wetted and non-wetted parts of the valves shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
2.1 Socket Style
- The IPS socket PVC end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standards ASTM D2466 and ASTM D2467.
2.2 Threaded Style
- The female NPT threaded PVC end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standards ASTM D2464, ASTM F1498, and ANSI B1.20.1.
3.0 Design Features
- All valves shall have true union ends.
- All valves shall be y-pattern style in design.
- The valve shall function in both horizontal and vertical lines.
- Servicing of the valves shall be possible without removal from the line.
3.1 Pressure Rating
- Valve sizes 1/2" through 1" shall be rated at 232 psi at 73°F.
- Valve sizes 1-1/4" through 2" shall be rated at 150 psi at 73°F.
- All valves shall be marked to indicate size, material designation, and manufacturers name or trade mark.
3.3 Color Coding
- All PVC valves shall be color-coded dark gray.
4.0 All valves shall be Xirtec® 140 by IPEX or approved equal.