- Precise flow control
- High cycle life
- Excellent for abrasive slurries
The DV is a rugged industrial product ideal for throttling or use in abrasive slurry lines. The raising position indicator also functions as an adjustable travel stop. This feature can be used to avoid over-compression of the EPDM or PTFE diaphragm, or as a travel limiter allowing different settings for the "closed" position. The molded flanged body eliminates potentially leaky joints while featuring end-to-end dimensions identical to most plastic lined metal diaphragm valves, allowing for direct replacement.
IPEX diaphragm valves can be pneumatically actuated providing precise control of critical applications.
- Thermoplastic Valves Brochure
- Aquarium Piping Systems Brochure
- Water & Wastewater Treatment Applications Brochure
- Shipbuilding and Offshore Applications Brochure
- Metals & Mining Brochure
- Chlor-Alkali Processing Applications Brochure
Chemical Resistance Guides
Body Material: PVC
Size Range: 1/2" through 6"
Pressure: 150 psi
Diaphragm: EPDM or Teflon® (PTFE)
End Connections: Flanged (ANSI 150)
These valves are widely used in high purity applications because their design prevents friction and subsequent particle creation when cycling. Many body and diaphragm material options are available as well as simple pneumatic actuation.
Automation & Accessories
IPEX diaphragm valves can be pneumatically actuated providing precise control of critical applications. The normally closed (fail close), normally open (fail open), and double acting VM valves make up of one of the most extensive ranges in the industry. The actuated CM provides a compact solution to automated needs while the DM employs an efficient direct acting design. All pneumatic diaphragm valves can be outfitted with many options and accessories such as: stroke limiters, optical and electric position indicators, electro-pneumatic positioners, pilot valves, and various combinations thereof.
1.0 Diaphragm Valves - DV
- The valve body shall be made of PVC compound which shall meet or exceed the requirements of cell classification 12454 according to ASTM D1784.
- This compound shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF
Standard 61 for potable water.
- The diaphragm shall be made of EPDM which shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
The diaphragm shall be made of Teflon® (PTFE) which shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
2.1 Flanged style
- The ANSI 150 flanged PVC end connections shall conform to the dimensional standard ANSI B16.5.
3.0 Design Features
- All valves shall have integrally molded flanged ends.
- All valves shall have a clear position indicator.
- All valves shall have an adjustable travel stop.
- All valves shall have face-to-face dimensions to the industry standard.
- The valve shall have no wetted metal parts.
- Service of the valve shall be possible without removal from the system line.
3.1 Pressure Rating
- Valve sizes 1/2" through 3" shall be rated at 150 psi at 73°F.
- Valve sizes 4" through 6" shall be rated at 75 psi at 73°F.
- All valves shall be marked to indicate size, material designation, and manufacturers name or trade mark.
3.3 Color Coding
- All PVC valves shall be color-coded dark gray.
- All hand wheels shall be color-coded red.
4.0 All valves shall be Xirtec® 140 by IPEX or approved equal.