- Controlled by media and not pressure
- Eliminates entrapped air or gas
- Breaks potentially dangerous vacuums
The VA is one of only two such plastic valves in the industry, and the only one controlled by media and not pressure. Designed for tanks, slurries, or start-ups, the VA valve will economically and efficiently eliminate air or gas pockets as well as break potentially dangerous vacuums. This no-spill valve is offered in PVC with EPDM seals. FPM sealing kits are also available.
- Thermoplastic Valves Brochure
- Aquarium Piping Systems Brochure
- Water & Wastewater Treatment Applications Brochure
- Shipbuilding and Offshore Applications Brochure
- Metals & Mining Brochure
- Chlor-Alkali Processing Applications Brochure
Chemical Resistance Guides
Body Material: PVC
Size Range: 3/4", 1-1/4", 2"
Pressure: 232 psi
Seals: EPDM or Viton® (FPM)
End Connections: Bottom - Threaded (FNPT)
Top - Socket (IPS), Threaded (FNPT)
Check valves should be used whenever there is a need to prevent back-flow of process media. This may be when two incompatible fluids cannot be allowed to mix, or when reverse flow would cause undesirable drainage of a system line or tank. Many styles exist including: simple ball checks, heavy duty swing checks, and highly efficient piston checks. These valves are typically gravity operated and require very little back pressure to seal. Air release valves safely allow any entrapped air or gas to escape, avoiding damage to the piping system.
1.0 Air Release Valves - VA
- The valve body, piston, end connectors, and union shall be made of PVC compound which shall meet or exceed the requirements of cell classification
12454 according to ASTM D1784.
- The o-ring seals shall be made of EPDM which shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
The o-ring seals shall be made of Viton® (FPM) which shall comply with
standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
1.3 All other wetted and non-wetted parts of the valves shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
2.1 Threaded style
- The female NPT threaded PVC end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standards ASTM D2464, ASTM F1498, and ANSI B1.20.1.
3.0 Design Features
- The valve shall be of single union design.
- The valve sealing mechanism shall be a hollow piston.
- Opening and closing of the valve shall not be affected by pressure.
- The valve shall close when liquid is in contact with the piston.
- The valve shall open when air or gas is in contact with the piston.
- The valve shall also function as a vacuum breaker.
- The valve body and union nut shall have deep square style threads for increased strength.
3.1 Pressure Rating
- All valves shall be rated at 232 psi at 73°F.
- All valves shall be marked to indicate size, material designation, and manufacturers name or trade mark.
3.3 Color Coding
- All PVC valves shall be color-coded dark gray.
4.0 All valves shall be Xirtec® 140 by IPEX or approved equal.