- Prevents back-flow of process media
- Very little back pressure to seal
- Suitable for vertical and horizontal installations
The IPEX EASYFIT SXE Series True Union Ball Check Valves represent the latest innovation in thermoplastic valve manufacturing technology. The SXE is a complement to the VXE and VEE ball valve product lines, with many of the same features. SXE introduces an advanced method of installation, providing trouble free service for industrial, OEM and water service applications. It is designed to work with just a few psi of back pressure for positive shutoff in both vertical and horizontal installations.
- Thermoplastic Valves Brochure
- Aquarium Piping Systems Brochure
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Applications Brochure
- Shipbuilding and Offshore Applications Brochure
- Metals and Mining Brochure
- Chlor-Alkali Processing Applications Brochure
Chemical Resistance Guides
Pressure: 232 psi at 73°F
Sizes: 1/2" – 4"
With optimized fluid dynamics design the SXE has an improved Cv value. The seat stop carrier is a threaded design for safe disconnection upstream. The ball is machined smooth for optimal service and prolonged life. The SXE also utilizes the EASYFIT torque wrench to tighten union nuts with defined torque and the EASYFIT LCE labelling system for custom identification.
Check valves should be used whenever there is a need to prevent back-flow of process media. This may be when two incompatible fluids cannot be allowed to mix, or when reverse flow would cause undesirable drainage of a system line or tank. Many styles exist including: simple ball checks, heavy duty swing checks, and highly efficient piston checks. These valves are typically gravity operated and require very little back pressure to seal. Air release valves safely allow any entrapped air or gas to escape, avoiding damage to the piping system.
1.0 Check Valves – SXE
- The valve body, ball, end connectors, and unions shall be made of PVC compound which shall meet or exceed the requirements of cell classification 12454 according to ASTM D1784.
The valve body, ball, end connectors, and unions shall be made of Corzan® CPVC compound which shall meet or exceed the requirements of 23447 according to ASTM D1784.
- These compounds shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
- The o-ring seals shall be made of EPDM which shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
The o-ring seals shall be made of Viton® (FPM) which shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
- 1.3 All other wetted and non-wetted parts of the valves shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
2.1 Socket style
- The IPS socket PVC end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standards ASTM D2466 and ASTM D2467.
The IPS socket CPVC end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standard ASTM F439.
2.2 Threaded style
- The female NPT threaded PVC end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standards ASTM D2464, ASTM F1498, and ANSI B1.20.1.
The female NPT threaded CPVC end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standards ASTM F437, ASTM F1498, and ANSI B1.20.1.
3.0 Design Features
- The valve shall have true union ends.
- The valve cavity shall feature optimized profile design to reduce pressure drop and improve Cv value
- The ball shall be fully machined to achieve high surface finish and accurate dimensional tolerance.
- The valve body and union nuts shall have deep square style threads for increased strength.
- The Main-seal carrier shall be a safe block design and allow for safe disconnection of the union nut for upstream maintenance. Main-seal carrier shall be compatible with the EasyFit multifunctional handle and EasyFit Torque Wrench for precise component tightening.
- The union nuts shall be compatible with the EasyFit multifunctional handle and EasyFit Torque Wrench for precise tightening.
- The valve shall have a transparent plug housing for use with EasyFit Labeling System for custom identification.
3.1 Pressure Rating
- All valves shall be rated at 232 psi at 73°F.
- All valves shall be suitable for use with liquids having a specific gravity less than 0.05 lb/in3.
- All valves shall be marked to indicate size, material designation, and manufacturers name or trade mark.
3.3 Color Coding
- All PVC valves shall be color-coded dark gray.
All CPVC valves shall be color-coded light gray.
4.0 All valves shall be Xirtec® 140 or Corzan® by IPEX or approved equal.