- Prevents back-flow of process media
- Very little back pressure to seal
- Suitable for vertical and horizontal installations
The SC combines superior flow rate with maximum versatility. With stainless wetted parts and hardware, top entry design, and extremely low back pressure requirements, these flanged valves are the perfect choice for back-flow prevention in large diameter lines, both vertical and horizontal. The SC is available in PVC with either EPDM or FPM seals.
- Thermoplastic Valves Brochure
- Aquarium Piping Systems Brochure
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Applications Brochure
- Shipbuilding and Offshore Applications Brochure
- Metals and Mining Brochure
- Chlor-Alkali Processing Applications Brochure
Chemical Resistance Guides
Body Material: PVC
Size Range: 3" through 8"
Pressure: 100 psi (3")
70 psi (4" to 8")
Seals: EPDM, or Viton® (FPM)
End Connections: Flanged (ANSI 150)
Check valves should be used whenever there is a need to prevent back-flow of process media. This may be when two incompatible fluids cannot be allowed to mix, or when reverse flow would cause undesirable drainage of a system line or tank. Many styles exist including: simple ball checks, heavy duty swing checks, and highly efficient piston checks. These valves are typically gravity operated and require very little back pressure to seal. Air release valves safely allow any entrapped air or gas to escape, avoiding damage to the piping system.
1.0 Ball Valves - SC
- The valve body, bonnet, swing arm, and disc shall be made of PVC compound which shall meet or exceed the requirements of cell classification 12454 according to ASTM D1784.
- This compound shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
- The o-ring seals and shutter shall be made of EPDM which shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
- The o-ring seals and shutter shall be made of Viton® (FPM) which shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
- The bolts, nuts, and washers shall be made of 304 stainless steel.
2.1 Flanged style
- The ANSI 150 flanged PVC end connections shall conform to the dimensional standard ANSI B16.5.
3.0 Design Features
- All swing check valves shall be full flow.
- All valves shall be gravity operated.
- The valve shall have a full face disc seal.
- The valve shall have a full open disc stop to prevent over-travel.
- The valve shall have no wetted metal parts.
- Service of the valve shall be possible without removal from the system line.
- All check valves may be installed in either horizontal or vertical orientations.
3.1 Pressure Rating
- Valve sizes 3" shall be rated at 100 psi at 73°F.
- Valve sizes 4" through 8” shall be rated at 70 psi at 73°F.
- All valves shall be marked to indicate size, material designation, and manufacturers name or trade mark.
3.3 Color Coding
- All PVC valves shall be color-coded dark gray.
4.0 All valves shall be Xirtec® 140 by IPEX or approved equal.