- Patented seat stop carrier
- in-line micro-adjustment
- Integral mounting flange and bracketing
Ball valves are generally used for on/off service, but can range from simple molded-in-place construction to high-end industrial designs with many features and benefits. Multi-port ball valves allow for mixing, diverting, and bypassing flow. Extensive material options provide for complete chemical compatibility in highly corrosive processes. Many ball valves feature full port flow, blocking true union ends, and compact ergonomic designs allowing for simple installation and maintenance.
- Thermoplastic Valves Brochure
- Aquarium Piping Systems Brochure
- Water & Wastewater Treatment Applications Brochure
- Shipbuilding and Offshore Applications Brochure
- Metals & Mining Brochure
- Chlor-Alkali Processing Applications Brochure
Chemical Resistance Guides
- TKD Valves PRODUCT Data Sheet
- TKD Valves SUBMITTAL Data Sheet
- TKD Valves SPECIFICATION Data Sheet
- Valve Control Panel Submittal Data Sheet
- Industrial Overview Bulletin
- TKD Dual Block True Union CPVC Valve
- VKD & TDK 2- Square Operating Nut
- Socket Valve Metric Conversion Kit
- Silicone Free Valves Bulletin
The TKD offers a host of advanced features that set it apart from other multi-port valves. The patented seat stop carrier allows for in-line micro-adjustment of the ball seating, and features o-ring cushioning to minimize wear and prevent seizing. Integral mounting flange and bracketing allows for direct actuation and simple support, while a locking handle can prevent improper positioning. The TKD is available in PVC & CPVC with PTFE seats and either EPDM or FPM seals. Other materials are available upon request.
Body Material: PVC, CPVC
Size Range: 1/2" through 2"
Port Configuration: Full port with T or L flow pattern
Pressure: 232 psi at 73°F
Seats: Teflon® (PTFE)
Seals: EPDM or FPM
End Connections: Socket (IPS), Threaded (FNPT)
1.0 Ball Valves – TKD
- The valve body, stem, ball, end connectors, and unions shall be made of PVC compound which shall meet or exceed the requirements of cell classification 12454 according to ASTM D1784.
- The valve body, stem, ball and unions shall be made of Corzan® CPVC compound which shall meet or exceed the requirements of 23447 according to ASTM D1784.
- These compounds shall conform to the requirements of NSF 61 standard for potable water.
- The ball seats shall be made of Teflon® (PTFE).
- The o-ring seals shall be made of EPDM which shall be listed with NSF to standard 61 for potable water.
The o-ring seals shall be made of FPM which shall be listed with NSF to standard 61 for potable water.
- All other wetted and non-wetted parts of the valves shall be listed with NSF to Standard 61 for potable water.
2.1 Socket style
- The IPS socket PVC end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standards ASTM D2466 and ASTM D2467.
The IPS socket CPVC end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standard ASTM F439.
2.2 Threaded style
- The female NPT threaded PVC end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standards ASTM D2464, ASTM F1498 and ANSI B1.20.1.
The female NPT threaded CPVC end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standards ASTM F437, ASTM F1498, and ANSI B1.20.1.
3.0 Design Features
- All valves shall be true union at all three ports.
- All sizes shall be full port.
- Valve design shall permit positive shutoff of any of the three ports.
- Balls shall be of T-port or L-port design (specifier must select one).
- The valve shall have blocking seat supports at all three ports.
- The threaded carrier (ball seat support) shall be adjustable with the valve installed.
- The valve body, union nuts, and carrier shall have deep square style threads for increased strength.
- The ball shall be machined smooth to minimize wear on valve seats.
- All valve seats shall have o-ring backing cushions to compensate for wear and prevent seizure of the ball.
- The thickness of the valve body shall be the same at all three ports.
- The stem design shall feature a shear point above the o-ring to maintain system integrity in the unlikely event of a stem breakage.
- The valve shall include the DUAL BLOCK® union nut locking mechanism.
- The handle shall incorporate an optional feature to allow the valve position to be secured with a padlock.
- The handle shall incorporate a removable tool for adjustment of the threaded carrier.
- The top of the stem shall incorporate molded features to indicate port location and ball position.
- All valves shall have integrally molded mounting flanges for support and actuation.
3.1 Pressure Rating
- All valves shall be rated at 232psi at 73°F (23ºC).
- All valves shall be marked to indicate size, material designation, and manufacturer’s name or trade mark.
3.3 Color Coding
- All PVC valves shall be color-coded dark grey.
All CPVC valves shall be color-coded light grey.
4.0 All valves shall be Xirtec®140 or Corzan® by IPEX or approved equal.