- Factory-made, quality-controlled and tested to stringent ASTM standards
- Highly-resistant to chemicals and offers excellent abrasion- and scratch-resistance properties
- Available in industry-standard DR 35 and DR 41
Bionax® SR™ - Seismic Water Pipe - combines the same strength, toughness and flexibility as standard Bionax® pipe with the enhanced seismic-resistance benefits of an extended bell. The result is a municipal water transmission and distribution system which performs better than any pipe product available today. Bionax® SR™ can improve absorption of lateral ground strain of seismic events and provides other performance benefits including product consistency, industry standard dimensions and corrosion-resistant attributes for North American job sites.
Bionax SR Seismic Water Pipe
Size Range 6" – 12" (150mm - 300mm)
Pressure Class 235 psi (CSA/AWWA)
This specification provides the requirements for Bionax SR molecularly oriented polyvi-nyl chloride (PVCO) pipe for potable-water systems and other pressure-pipe applications. Bionax SR Gasketed cast-iron-pipe outside diameter (CIOD) Pressure pipe is available in the following pressure classes and nominal sizes:
- PC 235psi 6" through 12" (150mm – 300mm)
Bionax SR pipe shall be manufactured from rigid polyvinyl chloride (PVC) compound meeting the
requirements of ASTM D1784 cell class 12454. Bionax SR gaskets shall meet ASTM F477 for high-head applications.
Hydrostatic Design Basis
Starting-stock for Bionax SR shall have a hydrostatic design basis (HDB) of 4000 psi and finished pipe shall have an HDB of 7100 psi as determined by testing in accordance with ASTM D1598, with data evaluated in accordance with ASTM D2837.
Bionax SR shall be manufactured with cast-iron-pipe outside diameters (CIOD) in all siz-es. Pipe walls shall meet minimum thickness requirements for AWWA C909 and CSA B137.3.1. Laying lengths shall be 6.1 meters (20 feet). Pipe shall be joined by means of integral-bell elastomeric-gasket joints conforming to ASTM D3139. Spigot ends shall be chamfered by the manufacturer. Pipe ends shall be capped at the production facility prior to storage and shipping.
PVCO pipe shall conform to the following standards:
- ASTM F1483 Standard Specification for Oriented Poly(Vinylchloride), PVCO, Pres-sure Pipe (PR 200psi)
- ANSI/NSF Standard 61: Drinking Water System Components – Health Effects
- ANSI/NSF 14 Plastics Piping System Components and Related Materials
- AWWA C909: Molecularly Oriented Polyvinyl Chloride (PVCO) Pressure Pipe, 4 inch through 24 inch (100 mm through 600 mm) for Water Distribution
- BNQ NQ 3660-950 Safety of Products and Materials in Contact with Drinking Water
- CSA B137.3.1 Molecularly Oriented Polyvinylchloride (PVCO) Pipe for Pressure Applications (PR 620kPa)
- FM 1612 Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Pipe and Fittings for Underground Fire Protection Services Fittings
Bionax SR piping systems shall include IPEX Blue Brute molded and fabricated fittings.
Pipe must be assembled with IPEX water-soluble lubricant listed to NSF Standard 61.
CIOD pipe shall be color coded blue.