- Excellent chemical resistance
- Fast Joining Method
- Leak Detection Compatible
Encase acid waste polypropylene double containment
At the heart of our patented Encase polypropylene system is its electrofusion fitting with a ground breaking heavy-gauge resistance wire molded into the socket. The result is a premier system that offers considerable reduction of installation time and the highest quality bubble-tight joints available.
Material Carrier Containment
Polypropylene 1-1/2" - 8" 4" - 12"
- Thirty years of success in chemical waste applications
- High corrosion resistance
- Wide temperature range
- Excellent chemical resistance
Same Material Inside and Out
- Eliminates differential expansion problems
- Chemical resistance is the same for the entire piping system
- System integrity is maintained in the event of a primary pipe leak
- Expansion anchor plates are installed on each fitting to control expansion
- No expansion loops necessary
Full Product Range
- 1-1/2" to 8" primary sizes available
- Manufactured in both non-flame retardant as well as flame retardant material for above ground installation
Drainage Pattern Fittings
- Ensures smooth chemical flow.
- Enfield piping has been used for chemical waste for over 25 years
- Components are factory fabricated. The only site joining necessary is the fusion of couplings to pipes and fittings
- Reduces labor costs
Fast Joining Method
- All site joints are made by electrofusion using an Enfusion Hand Held Unit.
- Quick and simple to make without the need for costly and cumbersome butt fusion machines
- Proven technology
- Narrower trench widths than for butt fusion, resulting in quicker and cheaper installation
- Joints can be made in the trench which reduces installation time
- Automatic microprocessor-controlled Enfusion unit ensures joint repeatability
Easy System Testing
- The primary pipe can be inspected and tested prior to closing the secondary joint (impossible with buttwelded systems)
- Any suspect primary joints can be re-fused prior to final closure of the secondary pipe
Leak Detection Compatible
- Encase is compatible with all common types of leak detection systems
- Upon request, pipe is furnished with knot-free twine to allow insertion of a pull rope for leak detection cable installation minimizing installation time.
Full Product Backup
- Expert personnel are available to assist in every facet of the Encase product
Acid waste double containment drain lines shall be Encase, manufactured by IPEX, with no substitutions. Pipe and fittings shall be manufactured from Schedule 40 polypropylene and joined by the Enfusion method.
Pipe, fittings, internal pipe supports and anchor plates shall be manufactured from Type 1 homopolymer or Type 2 copolymer polypropylene material as described in ASTM D4101.
PIPE AND FITTINGS – CONSTRUCTION
All pipe fittings shall be factory assembled and of unitized construction, with the primary and secondary components integrally anchored together to prevent movement of the primary pipe/fitting with in the containment pipe/fitting. All piping components shall be manufactured to Schedule 40 dimensions. The primary pipe shall be adequately supported by means of support plates welded to the primary pipe. Anchor plates shall be provided at each end of the pipe/fitting section to restrain pipe expansion. All anchor plates must be mechanically located in a machined recess on the inside of each secondary pipe/fitting and welded to both the primary and secondary pipe/fitting sections.
FACTORY WELDED JOINTS
All factory joints shall be made either by butt fusion or Enfusion. Joining by means of fillet welding is expressly forbidden.
All site joints shall be made using Enfusion couplings, manufactured from polypropylene with a nickel/chrome resistance wire, molded in place. Components with copper wire elements are prohibited. Solvent, buttwelded
or fillet-welded site joints are also prohibited.
Installation shall be in accordance with the contract drawings, the manufacturer’s recommendations and the local plumbing code. The entire installation shall be installed in proper alignment and free of stress.
The system shall be tested in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations and the local plumbing code. The primary pipe shall be tested prior to making the secondary joints. If Secondary pipe cannot be hydro-tested, as determined by the engineer or authority having jurisdiction, then the use of nitrogen or air at a MAXIMUM 5 psi (gauge) shall be allowed. It is imperative that a working-pressure regulator be used during the pneumatic test to ensure that over-pressurization of the PVC, beyond 5 psi, cannot occur. The following must also be noted: Air or nitrogen under pressure is compressed and therefore poses a potential hazard. If a failure of the pipe or fitting occurs during such test, the air exits at the failure point and expands rapidly. This increase in velocity can cause the system to fail in a catastrophic mode. Therefore during such air test all personnel involved in the test or present in the test surrounding area must be aware of such a possibility and take all necessary precautions. Precautions include, but are not limited to, taking extreme care not to impact or damage the system in any way. Such procedure is a limited exception to IPEX standard policy which forbids the use of its rigid systems with any compressed gases.
GuardianTM Double Containment at CAES Facility
IPEX Guardian Double Containment Piping System ensures safe transport of untreated frac water at CAES facility.
IPEX Double Containment PVC System Protects Chemical Lines at North Toronto Wastewater Treatment Plant
To ensure safety and reliability, the systems that transport the sodium hypochlorite and sodium bisulphate are double contained to prevent any possible leaks or spills.
IPEX Loves New York City
IPEX supplied over 17 miles of PVC and CPVC Double Containment Piping Systems: GuardianTM and CustomGuard®.
Baltimore’s Patapsco Wastewater Treatment Plant Needs Double Containment Pipe
IPEX GuardianTM and CustomGuard® double containment systems were used to guarantee durability and the secure transport of potentially dangerous chemicals throughout the wastewater treatment plant.
IPEX Piping Systems - Sugar Land, TX
IPEX Thermoplastic Piping Systems delivers potable water and conserves ground water.
Guardian Double Containment at Lakeview Wastewater Treatment Plant
IPEX Guards 137 Million Gallons a Day at the Lakeview Wastewater Treatment Plant.
Dallas´ Elm Fork Water Treatment Plant is Fit for the Future with IPEX Piping Systems
Fortunately, piping systems from IPEX provided the quality, breadth of product and available options to effectively meet the plant’s day-to-day operations.