- Reliability and safety
- Provides linear flow regulation
- Patented Dual Block mechanism
The new VKR combines the reliability and safety features of the IPEX VKD ball valve with a newly designed profiled ball. The patented ball design provides linear flow regulation throughout its full range of operation even when the valve is open just a few degrees.
- Thermoplastic Valves Brochure
- Pool & Water Feature Brochure
- Aquarium Piping Systems Brochure
- Water & Wastewater Treatment Applications Brochure
- Shipbuilding and Offshore Applications Brochure
- Metals & Mining Brochure
Chemical Resistance Guide
Designed to meet the requirements of the most severe industrial applications, IPEX is pleased to introduce the VKR Dual Block® Regulating Ball Valve. The new VKR combines the reliability and safety features of the IPEX VKD ball valve with a newly designed profiled ball. The patented ball design provides linear flow regulation throughout its full range of operation even when the valve is open just a few degrees. Like a traditional shut-off ball valve, the VKR has a 90° operating angle which allows the use of a standard quarter-turn actuator, ensuring perfect alignment and reducing the torque required for actuation. The patented Dual Block® mechanism locks the union nuts in place preventing back-off during severe service conditions.
VKR Regulating Ball Valves are part of our complete system of IPEX pipe, valves and fittings, engineered and manufactured to our strict quality, performance and dimensional standards.
Body Material: PVC, PP, PVDF
Size Range: 1/2" through 2"
Pressure: up to 232 psi
Seats: Teflon® (PTFE)
Seals: EPDM or Fluoropolymer (FPM)
End Connections: Socket (IPS), Threaded (FNPT), Socket (Metric), Flanged (ANSI 150)
- Precise Flow Regulation
- Acid Products Handling for Refineries, Metal Works, etc.
- Alum and Ferric Chloride Handling
- Bleach, Dye and Acid Lines
- Chlorine injection, chlorine dioxide and chloralkali plant piping
- Plant chemical distribution lines
- Water and wastewater treatment
1.0 Ball Valves – VKR
- The valve body, stem, ball and unions shall be made of PVC compound which shall meet or exceed the requirements of cell classification 12454 according to ASTM D1784. These compounds shall be listed with NSF to Standard 61 for potable water.
The valve body, stem, ball and unions shall be made of stabilized polypropylene (PP) homopolymer compound, also containing a RAL 7032 pigment, which shall meet or exceed the requirements of Type PP according to ASTM D4101.
The valve body, including end connectors and unions shall be made of virgin, non-regrind polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) compound which shall meet or exceed the requirements of Table 1 according to ASTM D3222.
- The ball seats shall be made of Teflon® (PTFE) which shall be listed with NSF to Standard 61 for potable water.
- The o-ring seals shall be made of EPDM which shall be listed with NSF to Standard 61 for potable water.
The o-ring seals shall be made of Fluoropolymer (FPM) which shall be listed with NSF to Standard 61 for potable water.
2.1 Socket style
- The IPS socket PVC end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standards ASTM D2466 and ASTM D2467.
The Metric socket PP end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standard ISO 11922-1.
The Metric socket PVDF end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standard ISO 10931.
2.2 Threaded style
- The female NPT threaded PVC end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standards ASTM D2464, ASTM F1498, and ANSI B1.20.1.
The female NPT threaded PP end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standards ASTM F1498, and ANSI B1.20.1.
3.0 Design Features
- The valve shall be double blocking with union ends.
- All valves shall have a flow indication arrow on the side of the body.
- The valve body shall be single end entry with a threaded carrier (ball seat support).
- The threaded carrier shall be adjustable with the valve installed.
- The valve body shall have an expansion and contraction compensating groove on the molded end.
- The valve body, union nuts, and carrier shall have deep square style threads for increased strength.
- The ball design shall allow flow regulation starting at a 6o angle of opening.
- The ball and stem shall be machined smooth to minimize wear on valve seats and seals.
- The stem design shall feature double o-ring seals as well as a safety shear point above the o rings.
- All valve seats shall have o-ring backing cushions to compensate for wear and prevent seizure of the ball.
- All valves shall have integrally molded mounting features for actuation.
- All valves shall have integrally molded support bracketing for anchoring.
3.1 Pressure Tested
- All valves shall have been pressure tested in both the open and closed positions by the manufacturer.
3.2 Pressure Rating
- All PVC and PVDF valves shall be rated at 232 PSI at 73°F.
- All PP valves shall be rated at 150 PSI at 73°F.
- All flanged valves shall be rated at 150 PSI at 73°F.
- All valves shall be marked to indicate size, material designation, and manufacturers name or trade mark.
3.4 Color Coding
- All PVC valves shall be color-coded dark gray.
All PP valves shall be color-coded beige gray.
All PVDF valves shall not be color-coded and be white (unpigmented) in appearance.
4.0 All valves shall be Xirtec® 140 PVC, PP or PVDF by IPEX or approved equal.