- New design saves contractors time and money
- Fastening system is close by hand, tool assist to open
- Gasket is integral to the cover – no installation required
Introducing the NEW Scepter® JBox™, the next generation junction box. We’ve completely redesigned the original junction box and added features to make this the easiest box to use – no matter the situation. The patented integral gasket, non-metallic fasteners, molded mounting feet, embossed grid-lines and flat cover features have been engineered to provide a contractor-friendly junction box.
4" to 16"
- Close by hand – tool assist to open
- 100% non-metallic – corrosion resistant material
- No loose hardware for easy installation
- Injection molded gasket permanently fixed to the cover – no installation required
- Proprietary gasket material creates a 6P rated enclosure (4" – 12")
- Neoprene gasket material creates a 4X rated enclosure (14" – 16")
Molded Mounting Feet
- Molded-in – no loose parts to assemble
- Located on corners out of the way of conduit connections
- Flush with the back of the box for close surface mounting
- Integrated design of mounting feet offers improved strength
Smooth Flat Cover
- No ribs – offers a flat, smooth surface for mounting of devices or labels
- Easy reference for drilling knockouts
- Makes conduit alignment a snap
- Corrosive environments
- Waste-water treatment facilities
- Marine & car washes
- Wash down areas
- Sizes 4" to 12": NEMA 1, 2, 3R, 4, 4X, 6, 6P, 12, 13
- Sizes 14" to 16": NEMA 1, 2, 3R, 4, 4X, 12, 13
- CSA C22.2 No. 40
- CSA C22.2 No. 85
- UL 50 / CSA C22.2 No. 94.1
- UL 50E / CSA C22.2 No. 94.2
- Max. Temp. Range: 122ºF (50ºC)
- Rec. Operating Temp: . -40ºF to 122ºF (-40ºC to 50ºC)
- UV and Water Exposure: UL 746C
- Flame & Smoke: UL 94V-O
- Industrial Control Panels: UL 508A approved
Junction boxes shall be acceptable for indoor and outdoor use and manufactured of PVC in a gray color analogous to Rigid PVC conduit and fittings. The junction box and its fasteners, hinges or components shall be entirely non-metallic. Boxes shall be NEMA rated 1, 2, 3R, 4, 4X, 6, 6P, 12, 13 and certified to bi-national standard UL50/50E - CSA No.94.1/94.2 by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (i.e. UL or CSA).
The cover/box seal shall be dual-molded so as to be a permanent part of the cover and the cover secured to the box using non-metallic quarter-turn “close by hand, tool assist to open” fasteners. To aid in the alignment and proper positioning of conduit connections the box/enclosure shall have embossed gridlines on the sidewalls. The mounting feet shall be a permanent molded feature of the box and not extend beyond the periphery of the box/enclosure. On boxes/enclosures of nominal size 8"x8" and larger, back-panel / DIN rail mounting and pad-lock provisions shall be incorporated into the product.
Acceptable manufacturer: IPEX (Scepter JBox Series)
Contractors love how fast and easy the new Scepter JBox is to install.
The new Scepter JBox is very easy to open and handle. Installation was fast and easy. There’s no other box like it!
--Bruno Grenier, Electrician