- Removable cover opens over 200º for complete access to installed devices
- Standoffs are molded-in to accept back panels as well as DIN rails
- Features quarter-turn fasteners that are hand-close and tool-assist to open
The new Hinged Cover opens more than 200° for complete and easy access to control devices and instruments and is designed to work with your existing PVC conduit runs. The Scepter Hinged Cover JBox is NEMA 3R and 4X rated, ideally suited for indoor and outdoor industrial, MRO and OEM applications and in wash-down environments. It is 100% non-metallic and includes all the features that users have come to appreciate in the Scepter JBox.
- 8" to 16"
- Removable hinged cover to easily mount devices
- Cover opens more than 180º for complete access to installed boxes
- Close by hand – tool assist to open
- 100% non-metallic – corrosion resistant material
- No loose hardware for easy installation
- Injection molded and extruded gaskets permanently fixed to the cover – no installation required
- Sizes 8" to 12" feature a proprietary gasket material
- Sizes 14" to 16" feature a neoprene gasket material
Molded Mounting Feet
- Molded-in – no loose parts to assemble
- Located on corners out of the way of conduit connections
- Flush with the back of the box for close surface mounting
- Integrated design of mounting feet offers improved strength
Smooth Flat Cover
- No ribs – offers a flat, smooth surface for mounting of devices or labels
- Easy reference for drilling knockouts
- Makes conduit alignment a snap
- Corrosive environments
- Waste-water treatment facilities
- Marine & car washes
- Wash down areas
- NEMA 1, 2, 3R, 4, 4X, 12, 13
- CSA C22.2 No. 40
- CSA C22.2 No. 85
- UL 50 / CSA C22.2 No. 94.1
- UL 50E / CSA C22.2 No. 94.2
- Max. Temp. Range: 122ºF (50ºC)
- Rec. Operating Temp: . -40ºF to 122ºF (-40ºC to 50ºC)
- UV and Water Exposure: UL 746C
- Flame & Smoke: UL 94V-O
- Industrial Control Panels: UL 508A approved
Junction boxes shall be acceptable for indoor and outdoor use and manufactured of PVC in a gray color analogous to Rigid PVC conduit and fittings. The junction box and its fasteners, hinges or components shall be entirely non-metallic. Boxes shall be NEMA rated and certified to bi-national standard UL50/50E - CSA No.94.1/94.2 by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (i.e. UL or CSA).
The cover/box seal shall be dual-molded so as to be a permanent part of the cover and the cover secured to the box using non-metallic quarter-turn “close by hand, tool assist to open” fasteners. To aid in the alignment and proper positioning of conduit connections the box/enclosure shall have embossed gridlines on the sidewalls. The mounting feet shall be a permanent molded feature of the box and not extend beyond the periphery of the box/enclosure. On boxes/enclosures of nominal size 8”X8” and larger, back-panel / DIN rail mounting and pad-lock provisions shall be incorporated into the product.
Acceptable manufacturer: IPEX (Scepter JBox Series)
The Pelletier dairy operation near La Pocatière, Québec needed a wiring and panel upgrade that would be sturdy enough to manage the demands of an 80-cow dairy herd. This is where the IPEX Scepter JBox and new Hinged Cover Scepter JBox junction boxes came in.