- Concrete-tight, requiring no solvent welding or tape around the connections
- Unique six locking tab design has a pull-out resistance of up to 175 lbs
- Approved for noncombustible 2 hr & 4 hr fire-rated floor/ceiling assemblies
Noncorroding and nonconducting, Kwikon® Fittings are engineered for the rugged day-to-day challenges of the construction industry - whether encased in concrete or concealed in walls or ceilings. Kwikon® couplings and connectors, with their unique 360º locking tabs, provide for snap-on, lock-in installation that exceeds CSA and UL requirements for conduit pullout. Add our innovative form stubbys and Kwikon® concrete-tight slab boxes, (available with or without integral 1⁄2", 3⁄4" or 1" molded hub connectors) and you've got a total integrated system that saves you time and money on the job.
Available in 1⁄2" to 2" sizes
Residential (low or high rise)
Commercial (low or high rise)
Institutional (Prisons, Schools, Universities)
Hospitals and Nursing Homes
Stadiums and Arenas
CSA Standards C22.2 No. 227.1
Molded Slab Boxes:
CSA C22.2 No.18
CSA C22.2 No.85
CSA C22.2 No.227.1
CSA C22.2 No.227.2
UL 514C, 1660
FT-4 rated for use in non-combustible construction
- Standards referred to in this section are:
- UL 1653 Electrical Nonmetallic Tubing.
- NEMA TC-13 Electrical Nonmetallic Tubing.
- Acceptable manufacturers are listed below
- Electrical Nonmetallic Tubing: a. Kwikon by IPEX
- Electrical Nonmetallic Tubing Fittings: a. Kwikon by IPEX
- Electrical Nonmetallic Tubing Boxes: a. Kwikon by IPEX
- All ENT tubing, ENT fittings, ENT boxes and accessories shall be manufactured by the same company so as to form a complete ENT system.
- ENT systems shall be approved for use in fire resistance rated concrete floor-ceiling assemblies with fire resistance ratings up to 4 hours.
- ENT raceway shall be color coded to indicate the wiring system. Blue stripe for power, red stripe for fire alarm/emergency systems and yellow stripe for data/communications.
- ENT raceway shall be listed to UL 1653 and manufactured in accordance with NEMA TC-13.
- ENT Fittings shall be manufactured of high-impact PVC,
- ENT Fittings shall meet the following requirements:
- Six locking tabs located every 60º providing 360º contact.
- Locking tabs shall provide a conduit pullout of a minimum 175 ft-lb force.
- Concrete tight without the need for taping.
- When transitioning to EMT conduit, the transition fitting shall have six locking tabs for ENT connection and set-screw connection for EMT.
- ENT boxes shall be manufactured of high-impact PVC,
- ENT Slab Box and Wall Box requirements:
- Slab Boxes shall be approved for the purpose and concrete-tight.
- Round Slab Boxes shall be approved for use with luminaires up to 50 lbs and ceiling fans up to 35 lbs.
- Round Slab Boxes shall have threaded brass inserts for the attachment of luminaires or ceiling fans.
- Slab Boxes shall have eight (8) integrally molded ENT hub connectors with six locking tabs for ENT raceway connection.
- ENT raceways, fittings, boxes and accessories shall be installed in accordance with Article 362 of the 2014 National Electrical Code.
- Where ENT penetrates a fire-rated wall, floor or ceiling assembly, an approved firestop system as listed in Underwriters Laboratories Building Materials Directory or other nationally recognized testing laboratory shall be used.
- Not permitted for use where subject to ambient temperatures in excess of 122ºF (50ºC).