- Precise control and high-cycle service
- High performance electric solenoid actuator
- LED position indicator
The IPEX S12/22 Series True Union Solenoid Valves represent the latest innovation in valve manufacturing technology. The S12/22 Series replaces the well-received SF Series with a number of new features and is designed for industrial, OEM and water service applications. The S12/22 is direct acting, 2 way-2 position flow control valve, ideal for precise control and high-cycle service. The new high performance electric solenoid actuator has been redesigned to exceed 5 million cycles without having to perform maintenance and a 100% duty cycle means no issues with overheating or “burnout”. With their lever type shutter design, standard manual override, and LED position indicator, these valves will outlast and outperform more conventional diaphragm-style solenoid valves. S12/22 Solenoid Valves are part of our complete system of IPEX pipe, valves and fittings, engineered and manufactured to our strict quality, performance and dimensional standards.
Body Material: PVC
Size Range: 1/4" through 1/2"
Pressure: up to 90 psi
Seals: EPDM or Fluoropolymer (FPM)
End Connections: Socket (IPS),Threaded (FNPT)
1.0 Solenoid Valves – S12/22
- The valve body, end connectors, and unions shall be made of PVC compound which shall meet or exceed the requirements of cell classification 12454 according to ASTM D1784. These compounds shall be listed with NSF to Standard 61 for potable water.
- The o-ring seals and shutter shall be made of EPDM which shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
The o-ring seals and shutter shall be made of FPM which shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
2.1 Socket style
- The IPS socket PVC end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standards ASTM D2466 and ASTM D2467.
2.2 Threaded style
- The female NPT threaded PVC end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standards ASTM D2464, ASTM F1498, and ANSI B1.20.1.
3.0 Design Features
- The valve shall have true union ends.
- The valve opening and closing mechanism shall be a lever type shutter.
- The valve shall have a standard LED indicator.
- The valve shall have an integrated manual override in the event of a loss of power to the valve.
- The electric solenoid actuator shall be designed to exceed 5 million cycles without having to perform maintenance.
- All metallic valve parts shall be isolated from fluids and the external environment.
- All screws shall be protected by polyethylene caps.
3.1 Pressure Rating
- Valve sizes ND 0.16" (1/4) and ND 0.31" (1/2) shall be rated at 90 psi at 73°F.
- Valve sizes ND 0.24" (1/4) and ND 0.39" (1/2) shall be rated at 60 psi at 73°F.
- Valve sizes ND 0.31" (1/4) and ND 0.59" (1/2) shall be rated at 30 psi at 73°F.
- All valves shall be marked to indicate size, material designation, and manufacturers name or trade mark.
3.3 Color Coding
- All PVC valves shall be color-coded dark gray.
4.0 All valves shall be Xirtec® 140 PVC by IPEX or approved equal.