- Precise flow control
- High cycle life
- Excellent for abrasive slurries
Available in both PVC and CPVC, and with either an EPDM or Viton® diaphragm, its rugged construction allows the ultracompact DM to handle even extremely aggressive media. The direct operation of the diaphragm does not require a closing spring, which makes the small DM particularly suitable when space is at a premium.
Chemical Resistance Guides
Body Material: PVC
Size Range: 1/2" through 2"
Pressure: 120 psi
Diaphragm: EPDM, Viton® (FPM)
Control Style: Pneumatically Actuated
End Connections: Spigot
Flanged (ANSI 150)
DM SERIES DIAPHRAGM VALVES - DIRECT ACTING PNEUMATIC W/STROKE LIMITER & POSITION INDICATOR
Pressure: up to 115 psi at 73°F depending upon the available control pressure
Sizes: 1/2" – 2"
These valves are widely used in high purity applications because their design prevents friction and subsequent particle creation when cycling. Many body and diaphragm material options are available as well as simple pneumatic actuation.
Automation & Accessories
IPEX diaphragm valves can be pneumatically actuated providing precise control of critical applications. The normally closed (fail close), normally open (fail open), and double acting VM valves make up of one of the most extensive ranges in the industry. The actuated CM provides a compact solution to automated needs while the DM employs an efficient direct acting design. All pneumatic diaphragm valves can be outfitted with many options and accessories such as: stroke limiters, optical and electric position indicators, electro-pneumatic positioners, pilot valves, and various combinations thereof.
1.0 Diaphragm Valves – DM
- The valve body, including end connectors and unions shall be made of PVC compound which shall meet or exceed the requirements of cell classification 12454 according to ASTM D1784.
- These compounds shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
- The valve bonnet assembly shall be made of glass reinforced polypropylene (GRPP).
1.2 Diaphragm and O-rings
- The diaphragm shall be made of EPDM which shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
The diaphragm shall be made of Viton® (FPM) which shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
1.3 All other wetted and non-wetted parts of the valves shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
2.1 Spigot style
- The IPS spigot PVC end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standard ASTM D1785.
2.2 Socket style
- The IPS socket PVC end connectors shall conform to the dimensional
standards ASTM D2466 and ASTM D2467.
2.3 Threaded style
- The IPS threaded PVC end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standards ASTM D2464, ASTM F1498, and ANSI B1.20.1.
2.4 Flanged style
- The ANSI 150 flanged PVC end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standard ANSI B16.5.
3.0 Design Features
- All valves shall be weir-style for throttling applications.
- All bodies to be used with EPDM or Viton® diaphragms shall feature raised molded sealing rings (concentric).
- All through bolts shall be made of 304 stainless steel.
- Bolts will thread directly into integrally molded brass inserts in the bonnet.
- Bodies of all sizes and materials shall have mounting
- All actuators shall be made of glass-filled polypropylene.
- All actuators shall feature a smooth top (no nut holes) for cleanliness.
- The edge of the actuator membrane shall be inside of the actuator protective housing.
3.2 Pressure Rating
- All valves shall be rated at 120 psi at 73°F.
- All valves shall be marked to indicate size, material designation, and manufacturers name or trade mark.
3.4 Color Coding
- All PVC valves shall be color-coded dark gray.
All valves shall be Xirtec® 140 by IPEX or approved equal.