- Prevents back-flow of process media
- Very little back pressure to seal
- Suitable for vertical and horizontal installations
The VR features an all PVC construction of high performance components. This Y-pattern valve will perform equally as well in both vertical and horizontal orientations. With an increased flow rate yet low-return pressure positive seal, and top-entry maintenance, our VR piston check valve far exceeds the limited performance of other popular check valves. Both EPDM and FPM seals are available.
- Thermoplastic Valves Brochure
- Aquarium Piping Systems Brochure
- Water & Wastewater Treatment Applications Brochure
Chemical Resistance Guides
Body Material: PVC
Size Range: 1/2" through 4"
Pressure: 232 psi (1/2" to 1")
150 psi (1-1/4" to 2"),
90 psi (3" to 4")
Seals: EPDM, or Viton® (FPM)
End Connections: Socket (IPS)
Flanged (ANSI 150)
Check valves should be used whenever there is a need to prevent back-flow of process media. This may be when two incompatible fluids cannot be allowed to mix, or when reverse flow would cause undesirable drainage of a system line or tank. Many styles exist including: simple ball checks, heavy duty swing checks, and highly efficient piston checks. These valves are typically gravity operated and require very little back pressure to seal. Air release valves safely allow any entrapped air or gas to escape, avoiding damage to the piping system.
1.0 Check Valves - VR
- The valve body, end connectors, and unions shall be made of PVC compound which shall meet or exceed the requirements of cell classification 12454 according to ASTM D1784.
- This compound shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
- The o-ring seals and shutter shall be made of EPDM which shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
The o-ring seals and shutter shall be made of Viton® (FPM) which shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
1.3 All other wetted and non-wetted parts of the valves shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
2.1 Socket style
- The IPS socket PVC end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standards ASTM D466 and ASTM D467.
2.2 Threaded style
- The female NPT threaded PVC end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standards ASTM D2464, ASTM F1498, and ANSI B1.20.1.
2.3 Flanged style
- The ANSI 150 flanged PVC end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standard ANSI B16.5.
3.0 Design Features
- Valve sizes 1/2" through 2" shall have true union ends.
- Valve sizes 3" through 4" shall have either socket or threaded ends.
- All valves shall be y-pattern globe style in design.
- All valves shall be gravity operated.
- The weight shall be totally encapsulated inside the piston.
- The valve shall function in both horizontal and vertical lines with no minimum column requirements.
- Servicing of the valves shall be possible without removal from the line.
3.1 Pressure Rating
- Valve sizes 1/2" through 1" shall be rated at 232 psi at 73°F.
- Flanged valve sizes 1/2" through 1" shall be rated at 150 psi at 73°F.
- Valve sizes 1-1/4" through 2" shall be rated at 150 psi at 73°F.
- Valve sizes 3" through 4" shall be rated at 90 psi at 73°F.
- All valves shall be marked to indicate size, material designation, and manufacturers name or trade mark.
3.3 Color Coding
- All PVC valves shall be color-coded dark gray.
4.0 All valves shall be Xirtec® 140 by IPEX or approved equal.