- Prevents back-flow of process media
- Very little back pressure to seal
- Suitable for vertical and horizontal installations
The all new SSE complements our SXE ball check valves, which introduce an advanced method of installation, providing trouble free service for industrial, OEM and water service applications. The internal profile of the SSE, combined with the spring assisted contoured ball, gives the advantage of trouble-free vertical and horizontal installations, even if only very low backpressure is available. The innovative SSE EasyFit design features a custom labelling system, and the optional EasyFit multifunctional handle allows for union nut rotational control and safe blocked carrier tightening. The SSE is available in PVC with a standard 316SS spring and either EPDM or FPM seals. The spring is also available in PTFE encapsulated 316SS and Hastelloy, depending on the size.
- Thermoplastic Valves Brochure
- Aquarium Piping Systems Brochure
- Water & Wastewater Treatment Applications Brochure
- Metals & Mining Brochure
Chemical Resistance Guides
Body Material PVC
Size Range 1/2" through 4"
Pressure 232 psi
Seals EPDM or Fluoropolymer (FPM)
1/2" through 4" 316 Stainless Steel (SS),
1-1/4" through 4" PTFE Encapsulated 316SS
1/2" through 2" Hastelloy
End Connections Socket (IPS), Threaded (FNPT)
Check valves should be used whenever there is a need to prevent back-flow of process media. This may be when two incompatible fluids cannot be allowed to mix, or when reverse flow would cause undesirable drainage of a system line or tank. Many styles exist including: simple ball checks, heavy duty swing checks, and highly efficient piston checks. These valves are typically gravity operated and require very little back pressure to seal. Air release valves safely allow any entrapped air or gas to escape, avoiding damage to the piping system.
1.0 Check Valves – SSE
- The valve body, ball, end connectors, and unions shall be made of PVC compound which shall meet or exceed the requirements of cell classification 12454 according to ASTM D1784.
- These compounds shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
- The o-ring seals shall be made of EPDM which shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
or The o-ring seals shall be made of Fluoropolymer (FPM) which shall comply with standards that are equivalent to NSF Standard 61 for potable water.
1.3 Spring Material
- The spring material shall be made of 316SS.
The spring material shall be made of PTFE encapsulated 316SS.
The spring material shall be made of Hastelloy®.
2.1 Socket style
- The IPS socket PVC end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standards ASTM D2466 and ASTM D2467.
2.2 Threaded style
- The female NPT threaded PVC end connectors shall conform to the dimensional standards ASTM D2464, ASTM F1498, and ANSI B1.20.1.
3.0 Design Features
- The valve shall have true union ends.
- The valve cavity shall feature an optimized profile design to reduce pressure drop and improve the Cv value
- The valve body and union nuts shall have deep square style threads for increased strength.
- The Main-seal carrier shall be a safe blocked design and allow for safe disconnection of the union nuts for maintenance. The main-seal carrier shall be compatible with the EasyFit multifunctional handle for precise component tightening. (2-1/2" – 4" valves)
- The union nuts shall be compatible with the EasyFit multifunctional handle and EasyFit Torque Wrench (1/2" – 2" valves) for precise tightening.
- The valve shall have a transparent plug housing for use with EasyFit Labelling System for valve identification.
3.1 Pressure Rating
- All valves shall be rated at 232 psi at 73°F.
- All valves shall be suitable for use with liquids having a specific gravity less than 0.05 lb/in3.
- All valves shall be marked to indicate size, material designation, and manufacturers name or trade mark.
3.3 Color Coding
- All PVC valves shall be color-coded dark gray.
4.0 All valves shall be Xirtec® 140 PVC by IPEX or approved equal.