- Plumbing and industrial applications
- Inexpensive on/off valve
- Compact valve
Available in both Schedule 80 grey PVC and Schedule 40 white PVC, with either socket or threaded connections. EPDM seals and PTFE seats make this valve ideally suited to all kinds of plumbing and industrial applications where a compact, inexpensive on/off valve is required.
- Thermoplastic Valves Brochure
- Aquarium Piping Systems Brochure
- Water & Wastewater Treatment Applications Brochure
Chemical Resistance Guides
Pressure: 150 psi at 73°F
Sizes: 1/2" – 2"
1.0 Ball Valves - MP
- The valve body and ball shall be made of PVC compound which shall meet or exceed the requirements of cell classification 12454 according to ASTM D1784.
- These compounds shall comply with NSF Standard 14/61 for potable water.
- The ball seats shall be made of Teflon® (PTFE) which shall comply with NSF Standard 14/61 for potable water.
- The o-ring seals shall be made of EPDM which shall comply with NSF Standard 14/61 for potable water.
1.4 All other wetted and non-wetted parts of the valves shall comply with NSF Standard 14/61 for potable water.
2.1 Socket style
- The IPS socket PVC end connections shall conform to the dimensional standards ASTM D2466 and ASTM D2467.
2.2 Threaded style
- The female NPT threaded PVC end connections shall conform to the dimensional standards ASTM D2464, ASTM F1498, and ANSI B1.20.1.
3.0 Design Features
- The valve shall be composed of a one piece PVC body.
- The end connections shall be an integral part of the body.
- All sizes shall allow for bi-directional flow.
3.1 Pressure Rating
- All sizes shall be rated at 150 psi at 73°F (non-shock).
- All valves shall be marked to indicate size, material designation, and manufacturers name or trade mark.
3.3 Color Coding
- All PVC Schedule 40 valves shall be color-coded white.
- All PVC Schedule 80 valves shall be color-coded dark gray.
4.0 All valves shall be Xirtec® 140 by IPEX or approved equal.