- Concrete-tight, requiring no solvent welding or tape around the connections
- Unique six locking tab design has a pull-out resistance of up to 175 lbs
- Approved for noncombustible 2 hr & 4 hr fire-rated floor/ceiling assemblies
Noncorroding and nonconducting, Kwikon Fittings are engineered for the rugged day-to-day challenges of the construction industry - whether encased in concrete, concealed in walls or ceilings, or in direct burial applications. Kwikon couplings and connectors, with their unique 360º locking tabs, provide for snap-on, lock-in installation that exceeds CSA and UL requirements for conduit pullout. Add our innovative form stubbys and Kwikon concrete-tight slab boxes, (available with or without integral 1⁄2", 3⁄4" or 1" molded hub connectors) and you've got a total integrated system that saves you time and money on the job.
Available in 1⁄2" to 21⁄2" sizes
Residential (low or high rise)
Commercial (low or high rise)
Institutional (Prisons, Schools, Universities)
Hospitals and Nursing Homes
Stadiums and Arenas
CSA Standards C22.2
FT-4 rated for use in non-combustible construction
A. Standards referred to in this section are:
- CSA Standards C22.2, No. 227.1 and C22.2 No. 85.
- NEMA TC-13 Electrical Nonmetallic Tubing.
A. Acceptable manufacturers are listed below
B. All ENT tubing, ENT fittings, ENT boxes and accessories shall be manufactured by the same company so as to form a complete ENT system.
C. ENT systems shall be approved for use in fire resistance rated concrete floor-ceiling assemblies with fire resistance ratings up to 4 hours.
A. ENT raceway shall be listed to CSA C22.2 No. 227.1 and manufactured in accordance with NEMA TC-13.
A. ENT Fittings shall be manufactured of high-impact PVC.
B. ENT Fittings shall meet the following requirements:
- Six locking tabs located every 60º providing 360º contact.
- Locking tabs shall provide a conduit pullout of a minimum 175 ft-lb force.
- Concrete tight without the need for taping.
- When transitioning to EMT conduit, the transition fitting shall have six locking tabs for ENT connection and set-screw connection for EMT.
A. ENT boxes shall be manufactured of high-impact PVC.
B. ENT Slab Box and Wall Box requirements:
- Slab Boxes shall be approved for the purpose and concrete-tight.
- Round Slab Boxes shall be approved for use with luminaires up to 50 lbs and ceiling fans up to 35 lbs.
- Round Slab Boxes shall have threaded brass inserts for the attachment of luminaires or ceiling fans.
- Slab Boxes shall have eight (8) integrally molded ENT hub connectors with six locking tabs for ENT raceway connection.
- ENT raceways, fittings, boxes and accessories shall be installed in accordance with the 2009 Canadian Electrical Code, Part 1 – C22.1-02 (CEC) and the 1995 National Building Code of Canada (NBC).
- Where ENT penetrates a fire-rated wall, floor or ceiling assembly, an approved firestop system is CSA certified to CSA Standards C22.2, No. 211.0. See Codes & Standards for additional installation information.